Site Map & Camping Rules
- Check-in time is from 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Checking in after 10:00 PM is discouraged out of courtesy to fellow campers.
- Check-out time is 12:00 Noon. Please be sure to check out by noon so
that we can ready the site for the next camper; late check-out may be able
to be arranged, based on availability, for a small additional fee if staying
past 2:00 PM.
- RV sites are intended for a single family and a single camping unit (motor home, toy hauler, travel trailer, 5th wheel, truck camper, van camper, pop-up or tent). A small pup style (2 person) tent for children or a dining tent may also be used on your site.
- For tent-only campsites, as many tents as necessary to accommodate a single camping party are permitted within the boundaries of the site.
- Rates are based on 2 adults and their dependent children under the age of 18. Additional adults can stay with you on your site for $7 per adult, per day. Children over 18 are considered adults.
- Per the State of Michigan no more than 8 people (adults/children) are allowed on a campsite. We are happy to make arrangements for you to reserve another site if you have more than 8 people staying with you.
- You must be 21 years old or older to reserve a campsite.
- We allow for one vehicle per site. Extra vehicles, including boats, ATV/ORVs must be parked in our guest parking area near the Registration Building. If you would like your ORV/ATV or boat on your site please park your vehicle in guest parking.
- The speed limit in the campground is 5 mph. This is to protect our little campers and to provide an enjoyable camping experience for all. Please go SLOW through the campground!
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM. This doesn’t mean you have to go to bed at 10:00
PM, but all music should be turned off and voices around the campfire should be kept low. Please be courteous to your fellow campers who may have little ones trying to sleep and for those who go to bed early.
- A deposit of one night’s camping fee is required to reserve a camp site.
- Campsite Cancellations - 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify us by phone by noon EST, more than two days before your scheduled arrival to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 48 hrs will forfeit one night. All Holidays have a 1 night non-refundable deposit however full credit for future dates can be used with 2 week cancellation notice. Holidays include: Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Cancellations may only be done by phone, we are unable to accept cancellations via email or text.
- REFUNDS: Please remember that camping is an outdoor activity. No refunds will be given for weather or for other discomforts of nature, or for early departures.
- Specific sites are not guaranteed unless you elect to pay the Lock Site Fee. Although we try to honor all requests for sites there are times when we may need to move your reservation to another site of equal or better category. We do this only when absolutely necessary.
- Lock Site - "Lock Site" is a new feature that allows a guest to reserve a specific site(s). During the reservation process, an option is offered to lock the site that you have chosen. This feature offers guests the opportunity to guarantee a specific site of their choice for a one time, non-refundable fee of $10. The one-time fee is assessed per reservation. While the Lock Site fee is a non-refundable fee, if a guest chooses to use it for their reservation, the deposit will follow normal cancellation policies which can be viewed under "Camping Policies".
- Early check in before noon is $15, Late check out until 6pm is $15. All Late check outs need to be arranged in advance at the office, late check outs without advance notice will be automatically charged $15.
- No Shows/Early Check-Out - All reservations will be held until 9:00 AM the morning following your scheduled arrival. If you have not arrived, called to cancel your reservation or informed us of a next day arrival by phone, your reservation will be considered a no-show and canceled without a refund. Cancellations may only be done by phone, we are unable to accept cancellations via email or text. No refunds for early check out on Holiday or special event weekends. No refunds for early check outs on RV rental units at any time.
- There is a $3.50 processing fee for reservations.
- Prohibited: Firearms, fireworks (including sparklers and pop-its), portable generators, chainsaws, Chinese lanterns, and drones.
- Photographing and Filming - While a guest at the campground, you may appear in pictures or film that may be used in advertising, news reporting, public relations or other activities regarding the campground. Reservations at the campground or a visitor's day use pass constitute your consent for Starlight Campground and RV Park to use any pictures or films it deems appropriate without payment, inspection or review.
This park is a privately held property and as such, we reserve the right to remove anyone whose conduct or language is disruptive to others, or if they break any of the rules we have in place for the campground, without a refund.
- Check-in: 3:00 PM
- Check-out: 11:00 AM
- No smoking and no pets allowed in rentals
- Cancellations - 7 days cancellation notice required. Please notify us by phone more than one week before your scheduled arrival to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations 7 days or less from arrival date will forfeit 50% of deposit. Cancellations within 48 hrs of arrival date forfeit full deposit amount. All Holidays have a 1 night non-refundable deposit however full credit for future dates can be used with 2 week cancellation notice. Holidays include: Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Cancellations may only be done by phone, we are unable to accept cancellations via email or text.
- Please do not walk through other peoples campsites.
- No washing of vehicles or RVs on your campsite.
- Please do not destroy our trees by cutting or breaking branches.
- Help us keep our grass alive by only using breathable mats at your campsite. We have these mats for sale in the Camp Store if you need one.
- Please do not wash dirty dishes at the water spigots.
- Trash pick-up is at 10:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Please place trash bags by your site post at the designated times for pick up. Please do not leave trash out between pick up times or overnight. We are home to many little critters who will happily tear through your trash and leave a mess.
- Please do not move picnic tables from other sites. If you need an extra picnic table please let us know. We will be happy to get one for you if one is available.
- Please do not hang clotheslines or hammocks from any trees in the park.
- Please use appropriate RV rated extension cords or adapters if they are needed. We have these available at the Camp Store if needed.
- Please use an appropriate sewer connection to eliminate the chance for backsplash and odors! We have these available at the Camp Store if needed.
- We love campfires but not bonfires! Please be sure your campfire is under control at all times.
- Do not move your fire ring. If there is a problem with the location of your fire ring just let us know and we will see what we can do!
- Please extinguish your fire before leaving your site or going to bed at night.
- No torches with flames are allowed.
- Do not burn any trash, bottles, metal, cans etc. in your fire ring.
- No Outside Firewood - Please help us protect and preserve our beautiful trees by not bringing firewood in from outside sources. The firewood we sell is inspected to be free of insects and obvious tree diseases. Please buy your firewood from us. We offer free onsite wood delivery for your convenience which can be purchased in the Camp Store. And remember the State of Michigan's recommendation
… BUY IT, BURN IT, LEAVE IT … at your camping destination.
- The Pool is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
- Children under 14 must have adult (18 or older) supervision inside the pool area at all times; no running, no diving, no rough play and no hard balls in the pool.
- Pool hours are from 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
- No glass containers or food allowed in the pool area.
- Please do not bring alcoholic beverages to the pool area.
- There is no life guard on duty.
- No smoking in any of the public use areas.
- Please help keep our campground clean by disposing of any trash in appropriate trash receptacles.
- No glass containers in public use areas.
- Please do not bring alcoholic beverages to any public buildings.
- All children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at the pool at all times.
- Please accompany your children to the bathrooms and shower facilities.
- After dark children under 16 must be on their campsite unless accompanied by an adult or participating in a sponsored activity.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
- All pets must be on a 6' leash at all times while off your site and on a tie out while at your site.
- Pets are not to be left unattended at any time. If you are leaving the park please do not leave your pet in your trailer. Doggy Daycare is available nearby.
- Pets are not allowed in the registration building, recreational building, or pool area.
- Should pets become noisy, they must be brought inside/quieted immediately.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. This includes both on and off your site.
- All dog breeds are allowed, however any dog that displays any kind of aggressive or nuisance behavior is grounds for you to be asked to leave the park without refund.
We enjoy having our connection to a great set of trails around Starlight Campground and we hope you do too. For the comfort and safety of everyone we ask that you obey the following guidelines. When riding in the campground please use common sense when it comes to safety with your off-highway recreational vehicle (OHRV). Please review all state laws and rules before setting out for a days riding. Make sure you have all the gear you need and know what is expected of you by the state to avoid getting a ticket and ruining your visit.
- MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT IN THE CAMPGROUND IS 5 MPH FOR ALL VEHICLES. PLEASE GO SLOW!
- Upon check in to the campground all guests bringing ATVs/ORVs/Trail Bikes etc. must sign an acknowledgement of the rules set forth by the campground.
- The trail out of the campground is near the tent area, between lot 27 and 28. Please follow all trail signs as you proceed to the trail-head.
- Helmet and eye protection use is required by those 18 years or younger.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while driving an ATV in the campground.
- Visitors to our campground guests that arrive on ATVs are not allowed to ride into the campground. They must park in guest parking by the Registration building, check in at the office, pay the visitor fee, and walk into the campground.
- Always travel on the gravel campground roads (no cutting through the woods or campsites)
- Use extreme caution when exiting the campground - STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN.
- No riding in the campground or connector trail after dark. ALL ATVS MUST BE BACK IN THE CAMPGROUND 1/2 AN HOUR AFTER SUNSET.
- Machines may not be run during the campgrounds quiet hours of 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM.
- You may only use your ATV for transportation to and from your campsite to the connector trail. ATVs may not be used in the campground for any other purpose, i.e. visit other campers, go to the restroom, camp store, pool.
- ATV riders are expected to operate their machines as quietly as possible to maintain a relaxing campground environment.
- If you need to work on your ATV/UTV or Trail Bike etc., please be courteous. DO NOT rev your engine. No disposal of fluids is allowed. You must take all fluid with you. No washing of ATVs, ORVs trail bikes etc. is allowed in the campground.
Starlight Campground management reserves the right to evict anyone, without refund, who does not follow these rules, is disruptive to the enjoyment of other campers, or poses a danger to others in the campground. Please be careful and have fun.